About Our Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Bridging the Gap Between Hospital and Home
Concordia Care – Elizabeth City offers short-term rehabilitative as well as long-term care – a full range of medical, nursing, rehabilitation and social services to treat and support each of our patients and residents.
Many of our patients go home after a few weeks and, for those who are unable to return home right away, we provide safe, compassionate care by a staff committed to success – we have 25 employees who have been with our center for over 20 years. Their efforts create an environment that fosters independence and dignity for all we serve.
We are improving our clinical capabilities and staffing in order to accept patients with greater medical complexity than a traditional nursing home. This is increasingly important as many higher acuity patients require transitional care before they are ready to return home.
Our patients benefit from:
- An interdisciplinary clinical team to provide a comprehensive approach to patients’ needs
- Room reservation prior to surgery through our Reservation Program, providing a more seamless transfer from the hospital
- Easy admission, with patients accepted 24/7 even during holidays
- On-site case management services, providing patient education and support for transition home
- Consistent reporting and tracking in patient satisfaction and quality outcomes, demonstrating our dedication to continual improvement
- Access to therapy up to seven days a week
- Clinical experience and best practices leveraged from our national network of Kindred facilities
- Comprehensive patient and family education
- Access to rehabilitation therapy up to seven days a week